With the disruptions of the G20 behind us here in Brisbane, I’ve been thinking about the positives and how it should bring all the countries of the world closer together. The city has been a crazy place to negotiate as buildings and car parks were made secure and kept off-limits to the general public.
- Tools & materials (incl. whether you can get by with just a torch)
- How to prep your enamels and why some need no prep at all
- Basic enameling principles and application techniques
- Firing enamels by torch and in a kiln
- Decorative techniques – this is why we enamel and the sky is the limit!
- All brought together with easy to follow projects
- Free download links inside the book will get you printable templates for all the projects
- And a Color Wheel, designed by me to help you pick your colors
Beginners Step by Step Projects
The Basic Techniques are clearly described to make it easy to follow along at home.
From preparing enamel powders.
To achieving the perfectly fired surface.
But technique alone is not enough, so at the end of each specialized chapter there’s a project to allow you to apply what you’ve learned.
Simply sifted enamel, the most basic technique, nothing fancy, just beautiful by itself.
The Sgraffito project: a lovely Wrapped Ring – one size fits all and no soldering required!
A simple but very effective technique to get beautiful patterns on your enamel jewelry.
Stencils are another fun way to add interest, the possibilities are endless!
Even the simplest designs can be enhanced by surface treatments like these stunning earrings with contrasting Matte & Gloss areas.